I hope you’re feeling the love this Valentine’s
Day week. Don’t you love extending holidays? I do.
Here are my movie recommendations for a romantic day/date/any old time:
- The Philadelphia Story
- Adventures in Babysitting (bit of a dark horse for this category, but I love it.)
- Robin Hood— the Disney version where they’re foxes.
Other romantic ideas:
- Some of the Little Lights kids on love. . . be still my heart.
- I would’ve bought this chair for Israel for v-day if I had more cash on hand (that’s a campaign phrase leaking into my normal lexicon. . . DC’s getting to me, man). Anyway, I think it’s very romantic and masculine.
- Avett Bros. again. SSS: “I’ll take that 9 to 5 for you.” Depending on who’s singing, could be one of the most romantic sentiments I’ve heard.
- Handwritten notes. . . no link, just write one.
- Finally, this guy’s notes to his future wife are pretty entertaining. My fave is probably his first post:
THE RING I will not be going to Jared, you’re welcome.
I CAN’T Time my airport pickup so you see me standing like an emo statue at the top of the escalator but I’ll be there, somewhere. Airports confuse me.
This one’s sweet:
WHEN IT’S COLD I’ll pump the gas, you can chill in the car.
Also, this is brilliant. Might be my new marriage philosophy:
THE TV Joint decision, but we can throw each other bones every now and then.