Thanks for reading my blawg. . . sometimes it don’t make no sense. And many times, I go awhile without posting. I’m trying to post more often to please you, dear reader, but also for my own enjoyment. So today I have some follow ups and mini-reviews.
- The Avett Brothers (whom I recommended here) graced the cover of Garden & Gun this month. (Ergo, I have good taste.)
- Here’s a post from Roger Ebert on why 3D is no good. I agree and I hate 3D a lot.
- The best thing in the Washington Post this past Sunday was from the kids’ section: America’s Attic. It’s about all the fascinating items in storage at the Smithsonian (only 2 percent is displayed at a time!). A new item is featured on the Smithsonian website every week, under Smithsonian Spotlight.
- Which reminded me of Elizabeth’s recent post on Long to Love about cleaning out her childhood closet. Like her, I would find some lonely overalls, and I would surely find notes that are horrifying and embarrassing, friendship bracelets, postcards from camp, and a cheesehead. Go, Pack, Go! (Also, I love her encouragement to take time for remembrance, which I wrote about here and kind of here.)
- Speaking of sports, let me recommend The Coach Blog. Like its author, I didn’t really watch that show. His recaps crack me up though. (Hat tip, brother John.)
The title of this post came from the subject line of emails that Elizabeth and I used to send full of random unrelated items. Israel and I do that now, too, though lots of times the title is “reminders” and it’s a honey-do list. Either way, thanks friends, for receiving my thoughts! (As we say at Little Lights, “I see you!”)